THIS IS …. ISO!!
Special Note from the Director
RE: School Reopening on Monday, January 18th: 8:00 – 3:15 (Normal Full School Day)
January 14, 2021
Welcome to 2021!
We’ve made it – 2020 is finally behind us! It certainly has been a challenging year, but throughout this year, The International School of Ouagadougou has stepped up and lived our mission, vision, and values. During my first five months here at ISO, I have been very proud of our students, teachers, parents and staff for demonstrating values such as resilience, creativity, confidence, and self-awareness. As a community, we came together in August of 2020 to ensure our students’ learning continued on our school site, and most importantly, we supported each other during these difficult times.
As we enter 2021, we know that we will continue to face uncertain times, and nothing will be “easy.” However, rather than be afraid of this uncertainty, this is an opportunity for us to prove that we truly are a community of learners who are acquiring the skills that will be needed to positively impact a rapidly changing world. Thank you to our entire community for your continued support and teamwork!
As we prepare to resume on-campus learning next week, we’d like to remind you of our updated policies regarding exposure to COVID-19:
- Anyone who has been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case needs to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days before returning to school.
- This means that if anyone in your household (including family members, household help, and any other extended family members or friends) has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been in contact with your student, then your student should not return to school before 14 days have passed since the last contact with the person who tested positive.
- Also, for those who travelled over the holidays, this week we are doing distance learning to ensure that 14 days (or as close to that number as possible) have passed since your return to Burkina Faso. Going forward, students who returned to Burkina Faso this week (after school “reopened” on Monday – Jan 11 – by distance learning) will need to remain “off campus” for the full 14-day quarantine period.
We do note, and appreciate your support in following our school policies, as we seek to continue to provide safe, on-campus learning.
As Director, I want to thank all the parents who returned after the break ended for informing both me and the community relations officer (email@example.com) of when you officially entered the country.
Important Dates and Reminders:
- January 19– Board meeting in the auditorium at 6:00pm
- January 26– The last day of the quarter/semester