The PTA is currently working on Africa Week and preparing a celebration of african arts, culture, technologies, and savoir-faire.
Students will have a fun week learning about traditional soap making using karité butter, watching a Burkinabé puppeteer tell African stories, seeing a Mossi wedding ceremony, learning about the Mora Naba traditional chiefdom, and learning about citizen participation in political change.
The PTA helps with finding resource people to come into the classroom and share information.
The PTA has a traditional evening performance and potluck dinner with African dishes. It will be on Friday, March 13 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
This year's show will include:
- Singing performance with students
- Djembe performance with students
- Hip hop performance with students
- Fashion show (designed and run by students)
- Dance performance by a group of ISO teachers (it will be great!)