The International School of Ouagadougou (ISO) is a non-profit, independent, co-educational day school which offers an English language educational program to children between the ages of 3 and 19 in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
The school was established in 1976, and its mission is to provide an education to the children of diplomats, as well as families in Ouagadougou with business, missionary, and international development organizations. Read more about the school's mission and history.
The school is located on a seven-acre, purpose-built, walled and secured campus located adjacent to the city's main residential section. Read more about the school's campus and facilities.
School and Community
- Independent co-ed school established in 1976
- Instruction in English from Pre–K to Grade 12
- 137 students in grades Pre-K to 12
- Graduates receive a U.S. Secondary School Diploma: Advanced Placement International Diplomas available
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
- Member of: Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA), West Africa International Schools Athletic League (WAISAL), and Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
- Upper School (grades 6-12) 77 students from 29 countries - 10 graduates in 2020, all of them spoke English as a second language
- Co-curricular activities include: athletic programs, service learning, student government, speech and debate, drama productions, math and creative programs
ISO is located in the Zogona neighborhood of Ouagadougou (Secteur 13, Rue 13.22, Porte 612).
Telephone: (226) 25-36-21-43 ; (226) 25-36-13-50
International School of Ouagadougou
01 BP 1142
Ouagadougou 01, Burkina Faso
The school office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on regular schools days, and from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Mon-Fri) during school holidays. The Director, the receptionist, and the community relations officer are available during office hours to assist you. All visitors, including parents, must check into the school office upon arriving on campus. Working parents who are not able to schedule a meeting during office hours, should call to make an appointment at another time.
- For matters concerning the Elementary School, please contact the Associate Elementary Principal, Ms. Jalisa Mixon - firstname.lastname@example.org
- For matters concerning the Upper School, please contact the Upper School Administrative Assistant, Ms. Fati Balima - email@example.com
- For matters concerning Guidance and/or counseling issues, please contact the Dean of Students, Ms. Nancy Sanfo - firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any financial matters, please contact Ms. Ida Nikiema - email@example.com in our Business Office or our director, Mr. Jeff Trudeau - firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any inquiries regarding the general operations of the school , please contact the Community Relations Office - email@example.com or our school receptionist, Mr. Jonnathan Boundaone - firstname.lastname@example.org
- For matters concerning this website or any school technology, please contact the Head of Educational Technology Department email@example.com